Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Add, Modify, Random Link, Search problem

Quote Reply
Add, Modify, Random Link, Search problem

I recently moved host for my links. Everything seems to be working ok apart from the following;

When clicking on Add, Modify, Random Link, Search, Rate it or the actual site link the message below comes up. This also happens for my admin page as well.

"CGIWrap encountered an error while attempting to execute this script:

Error Message: Permission denied
Error Number: 13
This message usually indicates there is a problem with the script itself. Often this indicates either that the #! line of the script is incorrect, or the script was uploaded in binary mode instead of ascii mode. Check to make sure that the script does not have control-M's at the end of every line. That will prevent it from executing. An easy fix that takes care of this most of the time is to put '#!/.../perl --' instead of '#!/.../perl' on the first line of the script.
If you are not the owner of this script, please forward this error and the URL that caused it to the script owner. That is often the component in the URL right after /cgiwrap/. "

I've re-uploaded to double check that I did it in ASCII first time, I've also tried the suggested solution of --. I suspect it's something to do with the set up of links.cfg but I don't know what.

Help please.

Cakey

Quote Reply
Re: Add, Modify, Random Link, Search problem In reply to
You may want to contact your host to figure out how they have setup their CGIWrap to be called. Usually it would be called something like:

http://www.your-host.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/~username/scriptdir/scriptname.cgi

Your best bet is to ask your host about their particular setup of CGIWrap and get the info from them as it can be configured in many ways.