Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

500 Internal Server Errors

Quote Reply
500 Internal Server Errors
The server was recently hacked and they restored my website from their backup. However now I can bring up the links page, but when I click on a category the links are listed but when I click on any of them I get a 500 Internal server error. Same thing happens when I go to my admin/admin.cgi so, I cannot access my admin panel either.

All files seem to be there and seem unchanged as they were before the hack. I went to links.cfg and everything there seems ok. Can anyone tell me where to start?

http://www.ecatholic2000.com/links/pages

Thanks!

Rich Bedard
Quote Reply
Re: [Ribed] 500 Internal Server Errors In reply to
Sounds like a permissions problem. The admin.cgi should be 755, as should the jump.cgi. Check the other files in the public cgi area (search, rate, etc), and also the nph-build.pl in admin.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] 500 Internal Server Errors In reply to
Is it a windows or a *nix box ?
>> Nakul Goyal (SEO, Link Building Expert)
Web Site Promotion
Tips 'n' Tricks
SEO News

Quote Reply
Re: [Ribed] 500 Internal Server Errors In reply to
Your site is working now, what did you do to make it work? I had the exact same problems as you. Was it as simple as resetting the server?

In Reply To:
The server was recently hacked and they restored my website from their backup. However now I can bring up the links page, but when I click on a category the links are listed but when I click on any of them I get a 500 Internal server error. Same thing happens when I go to my admin/admin.cgi so, I cannot access my admin panel either.

All files seem to be there and seem unchanged as they were before the hack. I went to links.cfg and everything there seems ok. Can anyone tell me where to start?

http://www.ecatholic2000.com/links/pages

Thanks!

Rich Bedard
Quote Reply
Re: [klent337] 500 Internal Server Errors In reply to
klent and Nakul,

I followed Leonard's advice. He has it right. Additionally, I contacted tech support for my webhosting account and they told me they neglected to reset the permissions to what they were supposed to be when they restored my website.

Nakul, my website is hosted on a Unix server.

Many thanks Leonard!

Rich Bedard