Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

.htaccess in netfirms not working - What to do ??

Quote Reply
.htaccess in netfirms not working - What to do ??
Hi,

I am hosting my Links database on netfirms but the problem is that netfirms does not support htaccess files.

I searched for the Admin Password MOD on this website but it seems that for some reason, it might have been removed.

Could anybody guide me where to get a password tool for my Database (which doesn't make use of htaccess) or could someone at least tell me where a FREE hosting service which provides htaccess and CGI and SSI support (Excluding hypermart or virtualave)

Regards,

The Ka Ka Ka Kalashnikov Khan
Can't draw it here ......,
Quote Reply
Re: [klashinkov_khan] .htaccess in netfirms not working - What to do ?? In reply to
You can protect your "scripts", but without folder/directory password protection options, like .htaccess/.htpasswd, anyone can download your .db files.

So, therefore, you should really consider getting a web host account where you can password protect your files in folders.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] .htaccess in netfirms not working - What to do ?? In reply to
Hi. Thanks for the Info.

Sorry this question doesn't belong here but does anybody know of any free web server apart from virtual ave ? i have already registerd with them and they won't let me register again with the same email address.

Regards.

Klashinkov Khan
Can't draw it here ......,