Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

widgitz review mod

Quote Reply
widgitz review mod
I have widgitz review mod installed and I am trying to work out how to change the message sent to people when their reviews are validated or rejected. At present it looks like the same message is sent to them as if they had tried to add a link and hence the message body just has an arror about not being able to find the Title tag. Any ideas?

Simon Dyson

Quote Reply
Re: widgitz review mod In reply to
You should have the following files in your templates directory:

Code:

review-add.txt
review-del.txt
review-mod.txt

These are the files that you edit for the add, modify, and delete messages that are sent to users.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Regards,

Quote Reply
Oops, i can't find those. I think I am not using the widgitz mod afterall. Just had a look at the instructions and they are by jerry su. Which mod is that?

Simon

Quote Reply
jerry su is Widgetz...Wink

Codes have been provided in this forum several months ago for editing the validate subs in the admin.cgi to reference the review template text files when validating reviews.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Thanks for the quick reply. I feel stupid now. I'll have a search for that.

Cheer!

Simon Dyson

Quote Reply
For anybody else trying to do the same thing try this link:

http://gossamer-threads.com/perl/forum/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=L2Cust&Number=85348&page=&view=&sb=&vc=1

Thanks Eliot!

Simon Dyson

Quote Reply
I have implemented the changes and will test them shortly. One thing I did think of while editing the .txt files was how can I add the name of the site the user was reviewing. Adding the ID is easy but will only confuse them.

Thanks,

Simon Dyson

Quote Reply
There is other Threads in the forum that discuss how to get the link title into the confirmation message. I would highly recommend searching through the Threads in this forum for something like get_link_title reviews.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
You guys thought of everything before me :-)

Simon

Quote Reply
Hello,

i don't want to seem stupid, but ...

where can I get that MOD ?

I know it was in the resource center & forums a while ago, but I didn't find it ...

Thanks,
P-A

Quote Reply
The Mod is no longer available (this is a recording for the fourth time in the past month)...And no one is allowed to distribute the Mod. The Mod author pulled the modification.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
And in case you are wondering how I got it, I downloaded it before it was pulled.

Simon Dyson