Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

tinymce integration

Quote Reply
tinymce integration
Hi,

i like to integrate the tinymce editor at

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/

for the textfield of links 2.0. The definition of the field seems a little bit tricky. I try several points to integrate the editor into the textbox, but i get no clean solution. Anyone here with expirience with this?

Best,
Karl
Quote Reply
Re: [Karl] tinymce integration In reply to
TinyMCE is FAR from tiny, in fact it a huge thing to load into a page, and generally takes a minute or two to do so. I suggest using Whizzywig, a very simple, fast-loading, and code-correct editor. Here is how to include it:

Code:

<form action="<%db_cgi_url%>/add.cgi" method="post">
<p>Use this form to make changes to the page content. Updates do not take effect immediately; they must first be verified by the website administator. If you are unfamiliar with using a <acronym title="What You See Is What You Get">WYSIWYG</acronym> editor, read this <a href="<%build_root_url%>/whizzywig/whizzywig-help.htm" target="new">help page</a>.</p>
<dl>
<dt>Title:</dt><dd><input name="Title" size="42" /><div class="formhelp">This will be part of the URL: <i>http://vmcoc.org/<b>new page</b>.html</i>, and should be a shorter version of the Page Name.</div></dd>
<dt>Page Name:</dt><dd><input name="Page Name" size="42" /><div class="formhelp">This will used as the link name, and at the top of the page as seen above ("<b>Add A Page</b>").</div></dd>
<dt>Text:</dt><dd><textarea wrap="virtual" input name="text" id="text" value="" rows="20" cols="70" style="width:95%; height:75%"></textarea>
<script type="text/javascript">
buttonPath = "<%build_root_url%>/whizzywig/images/";
imageBrowse = "whizzypic.php";
linkBrowse = "picklink.php";
makeWhizzyWig("text", "all");
</script>
<div class="formhelp">This is the main content of the page, and is subject to editing by the site administrator.</div>
<dt>Your Name:</dt><dd><input name="Name" size="42" /><div class="formhelp">So I know who submitted the page.</div></dd>
<dt> </dt><dd><input type="submit" name="add" value=" Add " /></dd>
</dl>
</form>

If you have any more questions, ask away...

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] tinymce integration In reply to
Hi Leonard,

thanks a lot. I dont know about Whizzywig bofore. I will give it a try.

Best,
Karl