Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

need help w/ password modify v1.0

Quote Reply
need help w/ password modify v1.0
problems with this mod have been posted a lot of times but I didnt see one with this particular error output. (referring to the no templates mod located at www.buscabr.com/modify.html)

I've installed this mod according to the instructions provided there and after I modify a resource I get the modify error screen dispaying Password (cannot be left blank)

Actually I havent left it blank; I added the required field to links.def and links.db and in sub site_html_modify_form I added the form field displaying the password info so that it reads $Password correctly in but then after submitting this mofify errorm msg comes up.

Can anyone help me with this problem?
Quote Reply
Re: need help w/ password modify v1.0 In reply to
Was actually 'easy' to fix ---

name="Senha" is of course no Senha, its "Password", but again who the hell is Senha?!

Yes I admit, something for beginners but I'm just wondering why there are so many MODs available out there with bugs?
Quote Reply
Welp...that is a good observation...However, some of the "bugs" you are referring to, are not really bugs, but a matter of customizing the Mods to work with specific applications of LINKS 2.0. It is challenging to write Mods in a generic manner to suit different people's needs.

Rather than bitching about it...why don't you write some Mods of your own!

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center

[This message has been edited by AnthroRules (edited March 26, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Hello Ant,

I've exactly the same error but since now I couldn't figure it out, because I've name="Password", which is correct. Perhaps I will find any further infos here in the board??? I will search it.

Phil.
Quote Reply
And did you add the Password field in your links.def file? If not, refer to the FAQ about adding fields to your existing links.db file.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Here is what Phoenix replied to my questions, if someone is interested in it or whom it may help to help me:

Phil,

I looked at your files (your pages look very nice, by the way) and I can't find the error. However as I've said before, I didn't really write this mod... all I did was take a mod someone had written for non-templates and figure out how to make it work for template users. I have also never tried to install it with the non-english modifications, so you might want to check on the bulletin boards to see if there is anyone who has installed both and how they got it to work.

Usually when a person has a problem with the modify mod we find the error in their capitalization of the field names in the templates, but it doesn't look like you have the problem. I checked your templates against mine and the capitalization appears to be the same.

I wish I had some better advice, but you will probably get better help on the boards than from me since you've installed other mods that I have never tried.

Phoenix

Quote Reply

Quote:
Eliot, in another thread you wrote about "another" Password Modify mod, you have written. You wrote that it would be possible to manage all link data of one user only by inserting the ID and Password or something else. I would be interested in this mod.

The only thing I have done is modified the Mod that Phoenix wrote for templates. I am working on a way for people to login and access their multiple records, but I have not had much success. AND since I am about to upgrade to SQL, I really don't have the need to do it with LINKS2.0 since Widgetz has written a multiple record modify script for SQL.

Best of luck.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'm using Password modify mod for templates. I think Ant is using the one without templates.

Eliot: I made all changes in site_html-templates.pl, links.def... You can try it. Here is my URL: http://www.auktionsservice.de/links/pages/ You can use the test link data:

ID: 18
Password: ,zgklui

I just received an email from Phoenix. He offered in another thread to check the according files. He couldn't find the error, too. Perhaps you or any other person here can help me.

Another question: Is it possible to combine the delete mod & Password Modify mod without Perl experience? Or does I have to make any major code changes?

Eliot, in another thread you wrote about "another" Password Modify mod, you have written. You wrote that it would be possible to manage all link data of one user only by inserting the ID and Password or something else. I would be interested in this mod. Smile

Apart from this, I don't think that the problem occurs along with the links.def file. I read the FAQ and I have added many other new fields, so I don't think that this is the problem. The other fields work OK and I checked all changes in the files.

But perhaps someone has any further ideas.

Phil.