Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

custom detail page

Quote Reply
custom detail page
Hi All,

I am useing links as a business directory where by customer can register their business and thereby offering the customer a free listing in the appropriet category plus a free page (detailed page) is there any way that I can allow the customr the option of selecting a color theme for their detailed page, either by syle sheet includes etc. Anyone have some ideas where I should start.

Hamsterpants
Quote Reply
Re: [Hamsterpants] custom detail page In reply to
quick and dirty solution...add more fields in the LINKS.DEF and then update the LINKS.DB file to include additional delimiters to separate the new columns.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] custom detail page In reply to
Hi Stealth,

Not with you there I'm affraid...Don't understand how that will allow the user to select for example the colour of the background.

But maybee you can tell me if I am on the right track.

If I were to edit site_html_templates / sub site_html_detailed to include variable like background colour etc, would that work.

Hamsterpants
Quote Reply
Re: [Hamsterpants] custom detail page In reply to
uh...search the forum for ADDING FIELDS.

Then you can USE those fields in the DETAILED PAGE.

EXAMPLE:

Field: BGCOLOR

Then in the detailed.html file, you would use the following codes:

<%if BGCOLOR%>
bgcolor="<%BGCOLOR%>"
<%else%>
bgcolor="DEFAULTCOLOR"
<%endif%>

You will also need to edit your ADD.html and MODIFY.html template files to include these fields, so that YOUR users can add the values.

Got it?

Pretty simple....
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] custom detail page In reply to
Hi Stealth,

Cool man....thats just what I'll do. One step further though is that I can use style sheets.

Thanks man.