Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

I don't see my "links.css" editings on my own computer before uploading.

Quote Reply
I don't see my "links.css" editings on my own computer before uploading.
Hi Friends;

I edit the looking of my "home page" by using "links.css" .But in my own computer ,I don't actually see the updated "colors , font points , backgrounds etc." before I upload the updated "links.css" to my own domain. Because of this reason all the editings I perform on my "links.css" seems
to be somewhat "virtual" . I need a WYSWYG editor which works "ON" my own computer, so that I may be able to see all the editings before I upload the "links.css"

I already use the HTM editor "Dreamveaver2" and css editor "Prime Style", but I couldn't be able to see what I'll actually get by those editors either.

Perhaps , this is because I don't really know how to use those editors effectively "OR", they are not " WYSWYG" editors related
to "css" editing .

Any help will be greatly appreciated , thanks for your future helps.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't see my "links.css" editings on my own computer before uploading. In reply to
Cascading Style Sheets (.css) do work in MS Front Page in the Preview option. I do not know about DreamWeaver. I also believe that HomeSite (Cold Fusion) does also work with .css files in their preview option.

My only suggestion is that you create a test file on your server that you can use to view the .css.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

[This message has been edited by Eliot (edited December 04, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: I don't see my "links.css" editings on my own computer before uploading. In reply to
Dreamweaver (and others) can't read the tag in <link rel=stylesheet href="<%css%>" type="text/css" title="style sheet">.

You can change <%css%> to the path of your links.css and it should work. Of course, hover won't work.

If you don't want to change the tag, do a 'Preview in Browser' and it will work.