Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

What's New Page Question

Quote Reply
What's New Page Question
Can someone point me in the right direction to get the links on the what's new pages to display in 3 columns? I have played around with the nph-build.cgi sub build_new_page to try this, and cannot get it to break the links into columns.

I did search and found no posts on topic for what I am looking for.

Thanks,

Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [cvance] What's New Page Question In reply to
take a look at sub site_html_print_cat in site_html_templates.pl.

The sub build_new_page routine actually builds two different pages just like the sub site_html_print_cat builds two different category pages.

sub site_html_print_cat wraps a table around the output and does a column break based on the value in $half. I guess you could do something similar with the new page.

Although in looking at the two, it makes me wonder why so much code exist within the sub site_html_print_cat routine - the sub build_category_pages in nph-build.cgi calls this routine just like the build_new_page calls the site_html_new routine. Would you have to do something similar to build the new page?

I suggest making a copy of the build_new_page routine to make your changes - rename the orginal to something like build_new_page_orig. Then you can revert back to the orginal with little or no pain.

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."