try:

~;
&insertadvert;
print qq~

------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Webadverts - Detailed instructions for Links In reply to
Hi Jerry,
It seems as if the cgi parsing call is not functioning properly due to the fact that you are using static pages as templates for your webadverts call.

Instead of using the call above try using the ssi call routine < !--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/zone_B.cgi"-- >

Reason being is that you are using a static page which the cgi calls and then places the information within fields on the page. Make sure that your .htaccess reflects this so that any page can execute a server side include. I am not too sure of how to do this and I'm sure it has been mentioned on the forum in the past. If you do find it please let me know where it is.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mark Gilbert
Quote Reply
Does anyone know how to get Webadverts to work on CGI-generated pages for Links 2.0?

My banners just show up before the HTML code. The page is parsed, the banners are printed, then the page shows. This means the banners get printed first before my page shows.

Also, I was told by a user of Webadverts that when he receives more than 50,000 users a day that the banners will show but will not send a surfer to the associated URL. How can I modify Webadverts to handle up to 1 mil hit a day?

Thanks for your help.

Bernie
www.theadultindex.com
Quote Reply
Since this is a problem with WebAdverts itself and not really Links, it would probably be better to ask those questions in the WebAdverts Support Forum located at http://awsd.com/...webadverts/index.cgi

Then, when you have the answers, come on back here and let everyone else know how to fix WebAdverts to work with Links and you will go down in Links history! Wink
Quote Reply
I was wondering if anyone had an update on this issue. I would like to take it as far as targeted Ads by category, is this is at all possible.

Or is there another program that works better ?

Thanks
Jeff
Quote Reply
Has anyone been able to make this modification work with Links 2.0 using the CE Globe Templates?
Quote Reply
I use Links 2, Yahoo template, and webadverts with no problem.

Check my site.

------------------
ann
http://www.indonesiasearch.com
> >