Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

URGENT: Need Help Sorting Categories

Quote Reply
URGENT: Need Help Sorting Categories
Hi, before i get started i just want to say thank in advance for anyone who attempts to figure out this problem that I cam having. I have been a Links far for a while now, and I think the support form is excellent, waht ever i need I am 98% sure I can find it in these forms. However, I have ran into 1 thing that I was unable to find.

I'm looking to sort my categories depending on a value based in the links.db file.
Just to make things a little clearer, I only want a category to show up on my site if on of the links has a certain value from teh Links.db file, I'm not even sure if this is possible but if someone would be able to help me out that would be great.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Lets just say I have three links with three seporate categories:
Link A located in Category 1 &
Link B located in Category 2 &
Link C located in Category 3

Link A has the following values : ID=1 > Title=Hill > Category=Today > Color=Red
Link B has the following values : ID=2 > Title=Pill > Category=Yesterday > Color=Green
Link C has the following values : ID=3 > Title=Dill > Category=Never > Color=Red

My Question, Is there anyway to display the categories that hold links A&C (Color=Red) without displaying the category that holds link B (Color=Green). It's pretty much the same as an if statment i guess

I hope I made it clear enough. again, thanks in advance.