Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Sort the search results by links

Quote Reply
Sort the search results by links
how do I change search.cgi so that it sort stickly by the set of found links. Right now it sorts by Category and then within the category the links are sorted by the build_sorthit routine ( which I have no problem with ).

I tried changing/deleting some of the code but I don't know enough perl to do get it right. In searching the forum for a couple of hours, I didn't stumble on the anwser ( and widgetz search routines are no longer available - but not sure if they would have worked ).

Any ideas?

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Quote Reply
Re: [esm] Sort the search results by links In reply to
Hi Gene have u considered the Search Relevancy mod ?

Stu2000

- Top 100 forums / GT Links 2.0 websites -
Quote Reply
Re: [esm] Sort the search results by links In reply to
yep, I l looked at that mod. but that is just a substitute routine for the build_sorthit sub-routine which is already part of the search.cgi routine. So it still just sorts the links within each category.

the answer was here http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...tegory%20sort;#33316

that seems to be working. although I had to reverse the sort. I was using a alpha field to sort on.

thanks...!

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."