Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Bobsie, i need your help.. it's verifying links again

Quote Reply
Bobsie, i need your help.. it's verifying links again
i do not know if you remember but i had a problem verifying links with links1.1 and now i'm testing version2.0 and i can not verify links i keep getting document contains no data. could this be my isp problem?
i can verify links using links1.1 but not using links2.0
Quote Reply
Re: Bobsie, i need your help.. it's verifying links again In reply to
Does the top line of nph-verify.cgi point to the correct path for perl on your system?
Quote Reply
yes it does
Quote Reply
how about LWP directry and it's files
i need to chmod it to what permission
Quote Reply
See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...um2/HTML/000730.html for a list of all directories, files, and their permissions.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
it turned out i do not have verify.log in my data directory , this file did not come with links2.0
anyway when i tried to verify using the browser it worked and it checked about 200 links so i tried it using telnet but i got this error
Can't locate links.cfg
it's strange, any idea how to fix this problem?
Quote Reply
Just put the full path to links.cfg in the require line for it in nph-verify.cgi. That should fix the problem.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
  I have the "inverse" problem!!!
With telnet everything works fine, but in the browser, nothing appears...

Anyone has any idea on this??
Quote Reply
thanks bobsie, it worked.
tmoretti, i would not worry about not being able to verify links from browser, mine can only verify 200 links only using links2
and i have to use telnet.
my guess is that your isp does not allow it
i find verifying links using version1.1 is much faster than 2.0
using1.1 i can do it from browser and telnet.
what do u think bobsie? is links1.1 better than links2 when it comes to verifying links?
p.s. bobsie, i know your name is bob, what does sie stands for?
Quote Reply
I have to agree that the verify routine in Links v1 is much faster than the one in Links v2. However, the Links v1 verify routine never seemed to really finish. That is, the routine would end before all the links were verified (only a half dozen or so were ever missed).

Quote:
p.s. bobsie, i know your name is bob, what does sie stands for?

The name, Bobsie, evolved over the years. I used to run a dial-up bulletin board system (BBS) and was an online editor for an IBM Magazine on an online service called GEnie. I used to sign my name as Bob C on messages, etc. Then it became BobC. Eventually, it changed to Bobsie because 1) it is pronounced the same and is kind of unique and, 2) I always liked reading the Bobbsie Twin stories when I was a kid. In short, the "sie" part is actually the first letter of my last name.