Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Links sorted alphabetically rotating daily

Quote Reply
Links sorted alphabetically rotating daily
I have searched the forums for an answer to this question, and only succeeded in finding one post which was someone asking a similar question.

What I would like, is to have links sorted alphabetically, but rotate on a daily basis. There is no need for new or pop links to be displayed at the top, simply an alphabetical listing that would begin with the following letter the following day.
ie. today starts with "A" and ends with "Z", tomorrow starts with "B" and ends with "A", etc.

I figure this must be possible, but being a novice with CGI, cant for the life of me figure it out.

If this has been asked and answered before, then I appologise for obviously not searching well enough. But I have spent hours reading through "sort" posts trying to figure out a way of doing this.

Any assistance in obtaining the desired sort results, or pointing me to a thread that may have covered this very issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: Links sorted alphabetically rotating daily In reply to
Maybe someone could just give me an indication as to whether or not this mod can be done... Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: [marker] Links sorted alphabetically rotating daily In reply to
I've searched for that subject and only found this message.
If you can advice me as to how this could be done I will appreciate it.

Thanks
George

In Reply To:
I have searched the forums for an answer to this question, and only succeeded in finding one post which was someone asking a similar question.

What I would like, is to have links sorted alphabetically, but rotate on a daily basis. There is no need for new or pop links to be displayed at the top, simply an alphabetical listing that would begin with the following letter the following day.
ie. today starts with "A" and ends with "Z", tomorrow starts with "B" and ends with "A", etc.

I figure this must be possible, but being a novice with CGI, cant for the life of me figure it out.

If this has been asked and answered before, then I appologise for obviously not searching well enough. But I have spent hours reading through "sort" posts trying to figure out a way of doing this.

Any assistance in obtaining the desired sort results, or pointing me to a thread that may have covered this very issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks