Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Links 2.0 as a CMS

Quote Reply
Links 2.0 as a CMS
I am trying to use Links2.0 as a Content Management System or build a website of 100īs of pages in an easier manner. For that reason there is no need of several fields and have changed links.def to:

Database Definition: LINKS
# --------------------------------------------------------
# Definition of your database file.
%db_def = (
ID => [0, 'numer', 5, 20, 1, '', ''],
Title => [1, 'alpha', 40, 75, 1, '', ''],
Date => [2, 'date', 15, 15, 1, \&get_date, ''],
Category => [3, 'alpha', 0, 150, 1, '', ''],
Description => [4, 'alpha', '80x3', 50000, 0, '', ''],
'Contact Name' => [5, 'alpha', 40, 75, 1, '', ''],
);

and

# where the first field equals 0.
$db_category = 3; $db_modified = 2; $db_number = 0;
$db_title = 1;

So far Links2.0 has met my needs but when I build pages, it automatically eliminates ID number and inserts a "yes" instead. Any idea on what needs to be changed to avoid this will be of great help.
Quote Reply
Re: [vic] Links 2.0 as a CMS In reply to
This line is not required:

$db_number = 0;

If after removing that, you still have problems, there is a post in here somewhere about a tiny change to make that fixed a similar problen for me...

Don't remember where it was. I looked through my files and my code to see if I could find it (I was sure I put a comment in the code...), but no luck. Let me know if you fix the problem, if not I will look a bit harder for the fix. Took me four hours of searching/reading posts to find it.Unsure

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
This is happening because there is still code in the program that references the $db_isnew variable, which is set to 0 (instead of 9) because you haven't defined it (as you're not using it).

This means that the first field (0) is being set instead of field 9 (which you don't have anyway now).

The same thing may happen with $db_ispop and others.

You will need to go through nph-build.cgi at the very least, and comment out sections of the code to fix this.

The $db_number variable was also likely causing problems, as mentioned by PerlFlunkie.
Quote Reply
I would use Links SQL to do this....Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [wysardry] Links 2.0 as a CMS In reply to
Thanks PerlFlunkie for your time. Unfortunatelly eliminating $db_number=0 was not enough.
And thanks wysardry, commenting following lines in nph-build.cgi did the trick an fixed it.Wink

# Update New and Popular Records..
# print "Updating New and Popular Records . . .\n";
# &build_update_newpop;
# print "Done.\n\n";

# Update voting information ..
# print "Updating ratings .. \n";
# &build_update_ratings;
# print "Done.\n\n";

Quote Reply
Glad ya got it workin'!!Smile

Just so ya know, that code or real similar is in there twice; once for build-all, and once for build-staggered.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie