Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Index Customization

Quote Reply
Index Customization
Hi all,

I have a tiny question that's probably going to be an easy answer for somebody...yeah?

I've made the asthetic changes I want on "links.html" template, but I'm not sure how to make my "new" and "pop" text for each category look the same on my directory main page as it does for each listing within the categories.

Here's what I want "new" to look like on the main page: http://highsierratopix.com/...kpacking_and_Hiking/

Here's what the mainpage looks like now: http://www.highsierratopix.com/directory/

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers and beers,

ERIC
Quote Reply
Re: [Topix] Index Customization In reply to
I'm not quite sure what you are asking? You want to change the style of 'new' tag for categories? If so, you need to edit the site_html_templates.pl file in your admin folder. At the end of the script, look for;

Code:
$output .= qq|<small><sup class="new">new</sup></small>| if (&days_old($mod) < $db_new_cutoff);

...and change as you want.. i.e

Code:
$output .= qq|<small><sup class="new_class_name">new</sup></small>| if (&days_old($mod) < $db_new_cutoff);

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Index Customization In reply to
From what you want (Backpacking_and_Hiking):

<small><font color="#CC9900"><sup class="new">new</sup></small><missing /font>
<small><font color="#CC9900"><sup class="pop">pop</sup></small> <missing /font>
<font color="#000000"><small class="date">(Added: 25-Jan-2004 Hits: 21 Rating: 10 Votes: 8)</font>

to what you have (index):

<p class="grandtotal"> <font color="#000000">
<div class="margin"><table width="80%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td class="catlist" valign="top">
<dl><dt><strong><a class="link" href="http://highsierratopix.com/directory/Accomodation/">Accomodation</a></strong> <small class="numlinks">(1)</small> <small><sup class="new">new</sup></small></dt></dl>

Notice that the first one has a font color tag just before the sup class; seems to me any tag defined on the page takes precedence over a style tag, so that color is used there (example, the #000000 in the second code snip). What you should do is define the color you want in the stylesheet, and remove the font tags. There is a missing </font> tag after the sup class tags, too. I suggest you remove the font color tags, and use the stylesheets to determine colors, much easier to make changes. When doing things this way, changes take effect immediately, just refresh the page. Changes to the script code require a rebuild to take effect.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie

Last edited by:

PerlFlunkie: Jan 30, 2004, 4:20 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] Index Customization In reply to
Nice one!

Cheers guys, that helps out a lot... Wink