Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Enhanced Template.pm

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: Enhanced Template.pm In reply to
well, when i put <%if Choice%>editor's choice<%endif%>

it works, so i changed the field to have only one value ( Yes ) , and the default value is blank . i think its better that filling the database with alot of (No)s .

i tried changing the field to a checkbox, but i couldnt figure out how .

does anyone know ?
Quote Reply
I have the new templete.pm installed and would like to change my detailed page but I'm not sure how to do it

I have a weekly calander on the detailed page which I don't want to be shown if the values for Sun - Sat are empty

if a value exists for any of the days Sun Mon Tues Wed Thur Fri or Sat show calander
else skip calander

I hope this makes sense and somebody can help

Quote Reply
I tried using <%include%> instrad of ssi include, and it works great.
i have one question, i use another template for whats new to be placed on the main page using ssi ,

i use :
<b><!--#include virtual="/bookshop/new/<%date%>.html"--></b>

this will place the new lonks for the that day.
the only problem , i cant use <%date%>.html
in <%include <%date%>.html%>

it gets messed up becasue of the nested <%, or something like that .

is there another way i can do it to make it work ?

Thank you
Quote Reply
I've applied the Enhanced Templated mod but I'm getting a CGI-error :

Code:
CGI ERROR==========================================
Error Message : fatal error: exists operator argument is not a HASH element at /home/hans/.html/cgi-bin/links/admin/Template.pm line 114.
Line 114 contains :
Code:
exists $self->{'templates'}{$template} or ($self->load_template($template) or return undef);

What's wrong ?
Quote Reply
Alex or anyone for that matter,

I am trying to add special HTML characters (not regular expression, guys and gals), but codes like & l t; (with no spaces) and g t; (with no spaces). I am trying to post Form codes for Link Owners within the rate.html file.

If I add the special HTML codes once, they work. But when I go back and edit that file again, the regular HTML codes show up.

I have analyzed the Template.pm module, but cannot identify where I can edit it to allow these special HTML codes. I was thinking of writing a new sub routine that would allow these, but if Alex or anyone else has thoughts about adding these special HTML codes to the template files, please let me know.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
Hi Eliot,

To the best of my knowledge this is a browser issue. What happens is if you enter in &agrave; then that's what gets saved to the database. However, when you do a modify, IE (and maybe netscape) displays a é in the form field. When you hit submit, the é gets submitted, and not the original &agrave;.

I don't know of a good workaround for this..

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
I tried in both Netscape and MIE, same result...The special HTML codes revert back to regular HTML tags and anchors.

Oh well...Thanks for looking into this. I appreciate it!

Smile

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

> >