Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Couple questions:

Quote Reply
Couple questions:
First Question:

Is it possible to change the name of "Cool" page to something different? =) Like, Most Popular, or just plain "Popular"? I mean, have the script print it out that way? Or is that too much trouble?

Cool kinda sounds like a kiddy site. No offense. But, if someone has a Proffesional Site so too speak, Whats Cool just doesn't sound right.

Second Question:

Is it possible to get rid of the little symbol - In front of the Link Descriptions? I looked all through the nph.build script, and the site template.pl and seen nothing. Or maybe I missed it, but not sure.

Thanks in Advance

*AuTo|V|aT|C*
Quote Reply
Re: Couple questions: In reply to
1) Look for ("Cool") in the sub build_cool_page routine in the nph-build.cgi. Change Cool to whatever you want. Keep in mind that you will need to use an underscore between multiple words in case in the future that you span the cool pages.

2) Don't have any clue what you are referring to. But to change Link's Descriptions, you need to edit the links.html template file.

Proffesional = Professional, right?

Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
My LORD your good!

Silly me, I looked everywhere for that " - " (<-- Symbol between the quotes) that showed up before my descriptions. I never thought to look in the link.html temp.... =)

And again, I didn't mean no offense by saying "kiddie"...its just that...I dunno..."Whats Cool" just don't sound right....lol....I guess I'll drop it!

Thx man, your a lot of help!

*AuTo|V|aT|C*
Quote Reply
You're welcome...I actually changed the title of my "What's Cool" and "Ratings" pages to "Top Visited" and "Top Rated".

Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee