Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Quote Reply
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Guys and Gals....before I get shot, I have searched. I'm not bull hecking! =) ....Uhmm...ok...

I'm sure its been discussed thousands of times, but can someone show me a post or what to "exactly" search for?

On my home temp, when the category is shown, and I use a description, its like...20 feet to the right under the catergory title. The indention is so far, its almost off the page.

I've tried searching for "category", "category description", "category spacing", and so on. I've looked in my sub print cat thingy, link.html temp, site_template thing...and I couldn't find notta about why its indented to far. When I searched for those particluar things, tons and tons of results came up, but I spent almost 2 hours trying to find one pertaining to my question. Nothing.

Please? A little help. Like what to search for? Or maybe a quick snippet of help? =)

Thanks...

*AuTo|V|aT|C*
Quote Reply
Re: Can someone point me in the right direction? In reply to
Remove the Definition List codes:

Code:

<dl><dt></dt></dl>

in the sub site_html_print_cat routine.

That is causing the indentation to occur.

Also, if you compare the HTML source output via your web browser and the codes in the sub site_html_print_cat, you should be able to figure out how to fix the category layout.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Eliot,

I just can't say enough man. When it comes to this script, you sure know whats what.
I appreciate all your help, and I think thats my last question. =) I hope! hehe...I have this fine script running perfectly.

And, to let you know, I was going to ask another question! LOL...about how to make the descriptions shorter, so they don't touch the edges of the right category side, or the ones on the right, so they don't touch the edge of the page....

Guess what? Silly me actually figured it out!

Love ya man!

THANK YOU AGAIN!

*AuTo|V|aT|C*
Quote Reply
Man....you know what? Can I please just ask one more? =)

I currenly am working on a massive website. I'm running two links scripts. One for the affiliate programs, and the other for the resources availabe.

Now, if I click from the affiliate site too the resources site, is their anyway that I can show something like Grand Total of Affiliate Programs on the resources site? Say, link to the grand total tag from the first links script? I've tried a couple methods, but can't seem to figure that one out.

I want to use that method for a couple of different things, but that would solve all of them....

Thanks! Again!

*AuTo|V|aT|C*
Quote Reply
I believe that there is a modification linked in the Resource Center and written by Glennu that does this.

Also, if you search for number of links in this forum, you should find some older threads where codes have been posted.

Regards,

Eliot Lee