Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Adding to current category

Quote Reply
Adding to current category
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows how to automatically add to a current directory a user is in without generating a category select list in the form. I know its possible with SQL Links.
Thank you inn advance.
:-)anita
Quote Reply
Re: Adding to current category In reply to
It is also available with the standard LINKS 2.0 release. Go to the Resource Center and download Bobsie's Exclude Category Mod.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com
Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------

Quote Reply
Hi Elliot,
I already have this mod. Maybe I did not explain properly. Let's say the user is in "category1/subcat1" and when they click on the Add URL the category list is not generated but the current category is written into a form as <input type=hidden name=category value=category1/subcat1>

If they go to let's say "category1/subcat1/subcat1" and click on Add URL the form will have input <input type=hidden name=category value=category1/subcat1/subcat1>

Is this possible.
:-I anita

------------------
Quote Reply
You have to add the subcategories in the @exclude_categories array in links.cfg file. Same format as you add them in the LINKS MANAGER console, like the following:

Code:
'Category/SubCat'

Hope this works and helps.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com
Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------

Quote Reply
Hi Elliot,
Like I am trying to explain, I have the Exlude Mod installed aready and it's working fine. My question is how a user can add to the current directory they are in without choosing from a select list of categories. Perhaps if I point you to a thread that explains how to do that in Links SQL version, it will help you understand my question: "How can I achieve the same in Links 2.0?"

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/forum/resources/Forum9/HTML/000331.html

I hope you will be able to help.
anita

------------------
Quote Reply
When you were setting up your links.cfg variables, you should have seen this just below the file extension variable.

change:
Code:
# Should your add.cgi automatically select what category the user
# is adding his link into?
$db_single_category = 0;
to
Code:
# Should your add.cgi automatically select what category the user
# is adding his link into?
$db_single_category = 1;

Is this what you mean?

Philip

[This message has been edited by lordmouse (edited January 20, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Thank you for responding. I have this in link.cfg
$db_single_category = 1;
and it does not do what I am trying to explain. All I want to do is automatically assign a current category the user is in when they click on Add URL without generating a category select list.

I am very puzzled, why no one can understand what I am talking about.
I am still hoping that someone will.
anita

------------------
Quote Reply
we understand you, and what you just said

Quote:
All I want to do is automatically assign a current category the user is in when they click on Add URL without generating a category select list.

Turning db_single_category to 1 does do this exactly.

------------------
LookHard Search
lookhard.hypermart.net
Lavon Russell