Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Add confirmation oddity

Quote Reply
Add confirmation oddity
Hi,

I recently added the Add Confirmation Mod. It seems to work fine, but since installing it, I have had a couple of link submissions show up double.

For instance, link #2206 was just submitted, and I received two admin email notices. In the validate screen, there are two entries under #2206, and if I look in the database file upon validating, there will be a double entry (single line) for that link along the lines of:

2206~~2206~~|name~~name|URL~~URL~~|...

Any ideas why this happens on occasion? Many other submissions are coming through ok, so I'm guessing it's either something the person is doing oddly or something browser related.

Thanks,
Dan

------------------
Run-Down Running Links: http://run-down.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Add confirmation oddity In reply to
I have found this to be user error rather than script error.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
The problem I have identified is that people hit the submit button twice in the Confirmation Screen.

What I have done is the following to reduce the risk of this happening:

1) Javascript (used in this forum) that does not allow people to hit the submit button twice.

2) Added disclaimer remarks to tell people only hit the submit button once.

I am also in the process of writing a javascript that will show a processing screen so people know that their submission is being processed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Hi Eliot,

Thanks for the reply. That would be nice to know that it's nothing wrong with the script. Just an incredible coincidence that it's happened twice in the week since installing the Add Confirmation mod, and never in the previous 7+ months. Smile

Any ideas what the user might be doing to cause this? I could at least put a note on the Add screen warning against it.

Thanks,
Dan

[This message has been edited by Dan Kaplan (edited November 24, 1999).]