Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Add Confirmation

Quote Reply
Add Confirmation
FYI: I did another little baby mod and posted it to Links 2.0 Modifications page.

All it does is send end-users to a confirmation screen to double-check their input before submitting an addition to the links database.

Personally, I hate those confirmation screens, and click right on through them without looking, convinced of my own perfection, and noticing mistakes later. Smile But 3 of my users have written asking me for this in the course of a week, so I did it.

Probably I'm reinventing the wheel again, as this was too simple for no one to have done it before. But hey, I'm learning.

Phoenix
Quote Reply
Re: Add Confirmation In reply to
Phoenix,

That sounds like a useful mod. I am amazed, though, that you actually had people ask for it. Especially since the form is right there in front of them when they click the submit button. I mean, why would they want a page to display what they submitted and make them confirm it when it was there on the screen before that one to begin with... I guess some people just need to see things twice before they believe it is okay.

Now, if there was anything that needed a confirmation page (preview page), it is this forum for all replies and new posts. It would give people a chance to edit their work before submitting and would prevent things like what happened with us yesterday... Smile
Quote Reply
Yeah, weird, isn't it? I don't like those preview screens at all. But they are used so often on the net, I guess there must be a reason. Strikes me as a waste of bandwidth personally.

But then, I also have people writing to me saying, "I submitted such and such... did you get it?" And this after they got the success screen that gives the full details of their submission. People are amazing creatures.

Phoenix
Quote Reply

Quote:
People are amazing creatures.

That reminds me of the expression, "There are two types of people in this world. Good people and bad people. And the good people decide which is which." Smile