Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

A how to guide for building a list of Editor's Pick page

(Page 4 of 4)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [hellraida] A how to guide for building a list of Editor's Pick page In reply to
FrownAre you sure that this goes in this file???? It doen't follow the layout of the page. Please help!
rexxx webmaster
Quote Reply
Re: [hellraida] A how to guide for building a list of Editor's Pick page In reply to
Hi

Just a little confused... is this mod still current? The instructions say for step 1, to add some code in the links.cfg.. but I get the impression I should be replacing it. However, this code does not appear in my links.cfg.. is this the correct file to edit?

Also, the instructions skip from step 1, to step 7. Are there steps missing? or are steps 2-6 no longer necessary?

tia
Astrogirl <~~ confused
Quote Reply
Re: [astrogirl] A how to guide for building a list of Editor's Pick page In reply to
check out th efollowing

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...g=editor%27s;#140567

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Quote Reply
Re: [esm] A how to guide for building a list of Editor's Pick page In reply to
thanks! just tried it and it works great. Smile
Post deleted by Mythotical In reply to
Quote Reply
Re: [astrogirl] A how to guide for building a list of Editor's Pick page In reply to
Ok I have done everything right down to the last fix.

I go to Build All to update everything and it won't build, it says Page cannot be displayed. Cannot find server or DNS error. The rest of the admin area works just find, just Build All, Staggered, Staggered Auto don't work.

here is the link to my nph-build file, I might have entered something wrong.

http://www.worldwiderpg.com/nph-build.txt

Any help much appreciated. Everything as far as I can tell works. Yes you will notice pick_links and pc_links, I am adding my own Picks page.

Thanks in advance
Steve

Last edited by:

Mythotical: Oct 10, 2004, 7:10 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Mythotical] A how to guide for building a list of Editor's Pick page In reply to
Look at the build-staggered routine, note the typos:

$t1 = time();
print "** Creating Reviewer's Pick Pages...\n";
&build_pick_page
pring "** Done (", time - $t1, " s)!\n\n";

$t1 = time();
print "** Creating People's Choice Pages...\n";
&build_pc_page
pring "** Done (", time - $t1, " s)!\n\n";

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] A how to guide for building a list of Editor's Pick page In reply to
Thanks alot, that got it, didn't think it would be a spelling error. LOL

Now I get this error:
Code:

CGI ERROR ==========================================
Error Message : fatal error: Undefined subroutine &main::site_html_pc called at
nph-build.cgi line 1103.
Script Location : nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.008

This is what I have on line 1103:
Code:

print PC &site_html_pc(@pc_links);

Any help with that would be great. I am currently trying to fix it but if not, I will still post it here just in case.

Steve

Last edited by:

Mythotical: Oct 11, 2004, 11:04 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Mythotical] A how to guide for building a list of Editor's Pick page In reply to
Do you have a routine in either site_html.pl or site_html_templates.pl for the pc page, like the one you must have made for the pick page? The error says there is not such a routine. Make sure you used the same spelling and capitalization...

&site_html_pc

sub site_html_pc

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] A how to guide for building a list of Editor's Pick page In reply to
Thanks, found the problem. It was spaced wrong for my sub site_html_pc, I had it just spaced wrong, I took out spaces and it worked perfect. Thanks, now I just gotta add the review mod so it will work with my PC Category.

If you have suggestions for getting that to work, please do tell.

Thanks again
Steve
> >