Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

"Lwp URL checker for add.cgi" and "Add Confirmation" don't mix?

Quote Reply
"Lwp URL checker for add.cgi" and "Add Confirmation" don't mix?
Anyone know who did the "Lwp URL checker for add.cgi" mod in the resource center?

It seems to break with the "Add Confirmation" mod installed (500 timeout errors, hangs, etc.)
Quote Reply
Re: "Lwp URL checker for add.cgi" and "Add Confirmation" don't mix? In reply to
It works for me (at least the older one LWP checker and Confirmation Screen Mod).

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply

Quote:
It works for me (at least the older one LWP checker and Confirmation Screen Mod).

Which one is that, Eliot? This appears to be a new addition to the resource center, and it is a mod to add.cgi.
Quote Reply
It is the older LWP Checker written by Bmxer. I am using the one from the Resource Center. Bmxer came out with a newer version that checks more data before adding the link.

And the Mod I am using IS FOR the add.cgi file.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
I just found out yesterday that mine isn't working that great either, after someone "accidently" used the e-mail address as URL - it's definitely not a valid URL. But it seems to be regardless of the Add Confirmation, because I have two versions of Links running, one with, one without the Add Confirmation. I tested it vigorously, and at least on my system it doesn't come back with an error unless the URL has /index.htm(l) added, i.e. http://thisisabadurl.com goes through without and error, but http://thisisabadurl.com/index.html comes back with a 404 error. Really strange. Maybe I should find that new checker and see about switching. Any other ideas what could be going wrong?

[This message has been edited by Gerrit (edited January 18, 2000).]