Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

wwwthreads Plugin Questions

Quote Reply
wwwthreads Plugin Questions
Hi,

I've got a few questions about the wwwthreads plugin - if someone can provide the answers it would be great.

1. Once registered, can users then login normally through the gossamer mail interface? Or do they always have to use the wwwthreads interface?

2. Does the "reserved names" feature of gossamer mail still work when registering with the wwwthreads plugin and therefore through the wwwthreads interface?

3. Does the 'lost password' feature of gossamer mail still work after you've registered through the wwwthreads interface? I'd prefer to still have their password displayed instead of emailed to them?

Cheers
R.

Quote Reply
Re: wwwthreads Plugin Questions In reply to
Hi,

1. No, they will get redirected to WWWThreads login. They must always login via WWWThreads.

2. Yes, but it doesn't stop people from signing up to wwwthreads with a "reserved name".

3. No, you have to use WWWThreads lost password mechanisim. You can't display it, as WWWThreads stores them encrypted.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Thanks Alex!

r.

Quote Reply
Hi Alex,
I also want to integrate WWWThreads with GM. But during the login page, it is redirected to WWWThreads login. Will that disable the options of choosing cookies, domain name and templates. I found that your demo disable these options. Can I enable them again?

In Reply To:

2. Yes, but it doesn't stop people from signing up to wwwthreads with a "reserved name".
Would you please help enable the program to stop people from signing up with a "reserved name"

Quote Reply
Hi,

You would just make a static html page that goes to webmail.cgi and passes in t=template_name depending on what template set to use. You can't enable/disable cookies, because it authenticates off off WWWThreads which depends on cookies.

As for reserved names, the WWWThreads username is not the same as the email address. I believe WWWThreads already has a feature to reserve forum usernames.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.