Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

turn off compiling for testing???

Quote Reply
turn off compiling for testing???
is it possible to turn off the compiling of templates... i'm trying to get all my html coding set up and the compiling of the templates is killing me in trying to find one stray td tag that's throwing off all my templates...
Quote Reply
Re: [JerryP] turn off compiling for testing??? In reply to
one more thing, may be a bug, but I tried chown'ing the dir so it couldn't write to it and while it put an error that it couldn't write to it in the error log, the browser shows nothing... no error message, just a blank white screen... should it check for that kind of error and if it can't write to it show it without compiling or at least show an error message to the visitor?
Quote Reply
Re: [JerryP] turn off compiling for testing??? In reply to
No, unfortunately there isn't a way to turn off compiling in the version that comes with Gossamer Mail 2.0.6. We've added it to a later version of the Template.pm. If you set dont_save => 1 in $ATTRIBS, it won't create temp files. I can email you a new Template.pm and Parser.pm if you are interested.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] turn off compiling for testing??? In reply to
Cool, good to see it will be in future versoins... took me a while to find my html problem, but I finally found it. If I think I need those files in the future, I'll give you a holler... thx.