Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Upgrade from 2.2.4-Upgrade

Quote Reply
Upgrade from 2.2.4-Upgrade
Hi

I have recently purchased a new server, and I want to have GMail on that server instead of on the old one.

However: I seem to have a lot of "leftovers" during many years of upgrading (I ran a free solution before, with 10.000 of users, but now only for paid users). And I have almost desided to do a fresh install and in one way or another transfer the email. Since I have translated the hole program to norwegian and added a Norwegian payment vendor to the solution, it will be a large job I guess.

Somehow, I want to make it up to the user to transfer their mail to the new server, in order to not transfer all the old junk. This can be done by asking the users to Forward emails to their own address.

Any tip on this, is there any kind of remote mail import or procedures I should follow?
Quote Reply
Re: [areh] Upgrade from 2.2.4-Upgrade In reply to
I don't think your users will be very happy about having to forward their old mail from the old server to the new one since there's no easy/quick way of doing it (they would have to do it one by one).

I'm trying to think of a way of selectively importing mail, but I can't think of any easy way of doing it.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Upgrade from 2.2.4-Upgrade In reply to
They would have access to all their email still after the move, just wouldn´t be able to recieve to that account.

But, I´m taking a closer look on the messages and the db.

BTW: What happened to the Brewt template (and the others)? Is it a add-on package some place, or is it just desided to not have more than one template? Long time since I have been here, so I´m a little behind..
Quote Reply
Re: [areh] Upgrade from 2.2.4-Upgrade In reply to
The brewt and nessa templates were dropped in 3.x and replaced with the luna template set. Remember to take a look at the changelog in the announcements forum.

Adrian