Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

The Horizontal Scroll And folder_include.htm

Quote Reply
The Horizontal Scroll And folder_include.htm
Hi,

Many a times the horizontal scroll is introduced with certain messages. Most of the time the amount of scroll introduced is equivalent to the width of the folders_include.htm

So in order to minimise, the folders_include.htm has to be in a format where the folder list is horizontal and place below the navigation menu.

How to get this folder_include.htm generate a Horizontal Listing of folders instead of the vertical one.

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] The Horizontal Scroll And folder_include.htm In reply to
Hi,

I think geeting horizontal listing may not be the easiest thing to do, particularly when the number of folders increase.

However, while reading a message, i feel full screen width should be available to minimize Horizontal Scroll in certain cases.

Idea Which Worked:

mesgs_body.htm can be modified to exclude the folders_include

mesgs body.htm the top part where from,cc,to etc are displayed, can be split into two parts and the right part can have that folders looping done.

This has eliminated the Horizontal Scroll On Most of the Messages which had horizontal scroll and at the same time still have that "Navigation" flexibility. And I don't think this should affect the page download.

Just a suggestion which can minimize "Horizontal Scroll" and also offer complete screen width to user while reading message.

Thnx

Anup

=_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_=

You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
-Mahatma Gandhi
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] The Horizontal Scroll And folder_include.htm In reply to
Hi Anup,

I don't recall running into a horizontal scroll problem myself. Is this primarily with HTML emails or both plain text and HTML emails? I'm guessing it's with HTML emails with fixed width tables maybe.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] The Horizontal Scroll And folder_include.htm In reply to
Hi Charlie,

Primarily on HTML Mails. However for text mails say wrap is 100 even then with text mails i get this horizontal scroll (i use ie).

Anyway, I just thought that during reading a message why engage that 180px width for the folders and all. Transfered the <%loop_folders%> to the message part and eliminated the folders_include.html This now gives full screen width for reading while maintaining the folder level navigation intact.

Would also see if this could be with compose message part also..... Personally I feel it's a waste of 180 px of screen width as far as the user is not on Home Page.

Thnx

Anup