Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Templates Modification for overlib.js?

Quote Reply
Templates Modification for overlib.js?
Hi,

Which templates need to be modified to include the following:

<body marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">
<%if use_overlib%>
<div id="overDiv" style="position:absolute; visibility:hidden; z-index:1000;"></div>
<script language="JavaScript" src="<%url_images%>/templates/<%t%>/overlib.js"><!-- overLIB (c) Erik Bosrup --></script>
<%endif%>
------

-----

And what else needs to be done. The globals are taken care of.

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Templates Modification for overlib.js? In reply to
The templates you have are already modified to support overlib in two steps:
1) changing the global variable (which you've already done)
2) uploading the overlib.js into the image directory

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Templates Modification for overlib.js? In reply to
Hi,

It gives script error so i have switched back to non overlib version. Any clues for that.

Thnx

Anup

=_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_=

You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
-Mahatma Gandhi
Quote Reply
What error does it give?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Line 309

Char 1

Object Expected

Code = 0

url =........./login.cgi

Error = FGCOLOR Undefined

Last edited by:

anup123: Jul 10, 2002, 8:40 PM
Quote Reply
At its default state, it should work fine (I just tested it again, and I have show script errors turned on in IE). So unless you've changed something, I'm not sure what's going on.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi,,

I agree to disagree with you on this front and have following to say:

Just to test on this I did a install of the gmail in a temp location jst to compare the template sets and have following to say:

(1). The templates do not have the overlib.js defined anywhere in the global like the one that the installation has. This in fact is true becuase I had renamed the Nessa to te 5 diferent template sets (for 5 domains). None of them have the <script>....</script> for overlib.js in the templates and when I try to include and use them I get the error already posted on the forum.

(2). The GM Admin has Title Gossamer Mail 2.1.0a Administration as against the Title that I get from the install of the downloaded archive.

This only indicates that there have been changes to the templates post installation and nessa was there with the overlib.js.

For comparision if you want I can send the url of the temp install. But I just can't implement the overlib.js part coz of the errors. the diff between what the installation gives and what is there on the working version is quite different.

Could you help me please on getting the overlib.js to work as I do not want to rework on templates again. I could give the url of the temp install for comparision purpose.

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Hi,

Just an observation:

The error is there when trying to use overlib.js

Once the overlib.js part is included in thetemplate the same should be shown in the source code of the page. Well that does not happen. Why So?

On the brewt template once the overlib.js is removed from the template it still shows in the source code. The error is possibly because in the source of the page there is no <script>.......overlib.js</script> shown in the source page. basically overlib.js src is missing from the source page. So which .htm file need to be edited?

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
(1). The templates do not have the overlib.js defined anywhere in the global like the one that the installation has. This in fact is true becuase I had renamed the Nessa to te 5 diferent template sets (for 5 domains). None of them have the <script>....</script> for overlib.js in the templates and when I try to include and use them I get the error already posted on the forum.

That's because I installed a slighty newer version of 2.1 on your system. That includes the easy inclusion for the support of overlib (the brewt and nessa templates only).

The files which have been changed to include the overlib support are (see the brewt or nessa templates for these changes):
globals.txt
home.htm
msgs_list.htm
msgs_list_include.htm
msgs_search_results.htm
msgs_threaded_include.htm

If you want a more detailed diff, I can do that too, but I'm not in the office yet Blush.

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Jul 12, 2002, 11:42 AM
Quote Reply
Hi Adrian,

Thnx for Midas Touch. It Worked! So nice of you. eagrly waiting a similar result for the Threading Part.

While on above an observation (though I know that it may not be possible to doanything): When the message preview box gets wide enough to touch / cross the "Move" drop down meny, the preview stuff for that portion (Drop Down Menu) gets cut.

I have indeed noticed quite a diff in the version that I downloaded and installed and the version that GT has upgraded the same to. Hope I shall be able to get the updated version....

How far ae we from "Threaded" feature (no not the way it happens in Inbox...like GF instead).

Sorry for being persistent with my insistence/ repetitive questions.

Thnx

Anup