Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Tag for showing whether they have mail forwarding on?

Quote Reply
Tag for showing whether they have mail forwarding on?
When I search users from admin, I'd like the information for each user to show whether they have mail forwarding turned on. Is this possible? If so, what code and template would I add this into?

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: [wickedmoon] Tag for showing whether they have mail forwarding on? In reply to
Hi,

The information on mail forwarding etc is stored in .prefs file of user in data directory. The 'user info' as viewed by admin takes info from dgraph and users table.

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Tag for showing whether they have mail forwarding on? In reply to
Does that mean I can add a tag into admin templates or not?

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: [wickedmoon] Tag for showing whether they have mail forwarding on? In reply to
Hi,

Globals tags can be used in user templates. Not in admin mode i think...

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Can GT confirm whether or not there's an easy way of finding out whether a user has mail forwarding on?

Jason
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Does that mean I can add a tag into admin templates or not?

You will most likely have to modify the admin modules quite a bit to show these settings when you list users. Most of the admin forms and data is generated from the GT::SQL::Admin modules. You would most likely have to subclass some of the methods to achieve that.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
As Anup said, whether a user has forwarding turned on is stored in their .prefs file, and so it makes it harder to get at it. Add this to the fact that that part of the admin (user search results), are actually in code, not templates, makes things a little messy.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Tag for showing whether they have mail forwarding on? In reply to
Are users .prefs files easy to locate going through directories using a text viewer? I guess this would be the easiest way to check their mail forwarding status, short of logging into their account.

When viewing users from admin, it would be handy to have their email address hyperlinked to login to their account.

Jason
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
When viewing users from admin, it would be handy to have their email address hyperlinked to login to their account.

This will be a 2.2.0 feature - we did away with the combersome admin-side e-mail manager, and added the ability for the admin to log in to users' accounts directly, adding a couple necessary special options (i.e. Move to another user's Inbox) only available in this special admin login mode. With the number of features needing template changes (for example, nested folders) it wasn't worth trying to keep the admin interface in sync with the two user-side template sets. You still won't be able to search for users who are(n't) forwarding their e-mail, but you will be able to quickly take a look in their account settings to find out if a given user has turned on forwarding.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Tag for showing whether they have mail forwarding on? In reply to
Quote:
With the number of features needing template changes (for example, nested folders) it wasn't worth trying to keep the admin interface in sync with the two user-side template sets

Will 2.1 user side templates be still functional with 2.2? Obviously the same could be gradually changed to be including 2.2 features for cases where custom template set is being used (though on nessa base).

Thnx
Anup
Quote Reply
Yes, the old templates will work - but, as you point out, without making the template updates there will be missing functionality. We will be providing a template diff in the admin of changes from 2.1.0 -> 2.1.1 and 2.1.1 -> 2.2.0, to assist in making the changes to customized template sets.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com