Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Lost messages

Quote Reply
Lost messages
Hi

Did a upgrade, suddenly all messages in the body field is gone!

The message details like title et is there, just not the body main text in the email.

What should I get from backup, mysql data or user msg data ?

Are

Edit: Now I have extracted msg files from backup along with mysql, still no msg body in gmail !

Quote Reply
Re: Lost messages In reply to
Hi,

I think you resolved this (as I got a private email), but for others, make sure the upgrade completes successfully. It moves your mail into a three level hash structure, and unless that finishes completely, you won't be able to access your mail.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi

No, I havenīt solved it !

I just run upgrade from 2.0.0-Upgrade to 2.0.1 (or was it 2.0.2?), and it didnīt start coping anything, the problems is large since 1000 users are asking why the mail has been down for 4 days.

I selected update install.
"
Upgrading Gossamer Mail from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 ...
Adding default template column to users table ...
Ok!

Moving headers and footers and user preferences to each template set ...
Error: Modification of a read-only value attempted at ./install.cgi line 6522.
bash$ "2

All message-subjects and titles do show, but when clicking on a link to see the content of the mail, it doesnīt show the most important thing in an email, the messagefield.

Please take contact as soon as possible !

Are
Quote Reply
When trying to run install again now, and logging in, the webmail program seems broken:

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'WHERE userid = '750'' at line 1 at /.../GT/SQL/Driver/MYSQL.pm line 68.

Quote Reply
Seems to be fixed now, I guess that you have fixed it...

Are