Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

dtree and Safari

Quote Reply
dtree and Safari
Hi

thanks for including the dtree javascript in 2.2.1. It works fine in Mozilla and Co. but doesn't seem to work in Safari. The original dtree js on the authors site works fine with Safari.

Just thought, I'll let you know.

BTW: the new html editor is very nice in Mozilla/Firefox.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] dtree and Safari In reply to
Thanks to Chaz finding it :) I must say, I really like how it turned out.

Arghh... unfortunately, I don't have access to a computer with Safari, so I can't test :( Something I added must have broken it. What happens in Safari? Any javascript errors?

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Feb 11, 2004, 1:18 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] dtree and Safari In reply to
Yes, it looks good in Mozilla.

In Safari, the small +/- box doesn't appear, and you can't click anywhere to expand/collapse categories.

Done a little more testing with the help of Safaris debug menu, and played around with the UserAgent. Result: UserAgent Mozilla 1.1, IE 5/Mac, IE 6/Win, Netscape 7.0 all work fine (i.e. the +/- box appears and works correctly), but UA Safari and Konqueror don't work (and neither does NS 4.79.... but that's a different story).

So, it seems that there is something wrong with the UserAgent detection script.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Can't you just remove the

<%if is_mozilla or ie_version >= 5%>

condition from the folders_include.htm template? Would that be a problem for older browsers?

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Looking at dtree's page, their list of supported browsers include:
  • Internet Explorer 5+
  • Netscape 6+
  • Opera 7+
  • Mozilla
That's the reason for the <%if is_mozilla or ie_version >= 5%> tags (Opera by default [on linux anyways] identifies itself as IE6). For other browsers, or browsers which have javascript turned off, they will get the static version of the folders page (which I guess is what you're seeing in Safari ;).

What's Safari's user agent string?

Removing the <%if ... %> might become a problem since if they have an unsupported browser, they won't be able to access their folders, which wouldn't be a very good thing.

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Feb 11, 2004, 12:44 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] dtree and Safari In reply to
Here's the UserAgent string of the latest Safari version
Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/124 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/125
I hope this helps. You might want to add Konqueror as well Cool

Ivan
-----