Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Error During FIRST LOGIN After Signup

Quote Reply
Error During FIRST LOGIN After Signup
Hi.

After Signup, following error upon login from the successfull signup page:

A fatal error has occured:
GT::Template (3881): Unable to run compiled template code 'sub GT::Template::parsed_template { local $^W; # Get rid of warnings. unfortunately, this won't work for Perl 5.6's -W switch my $self = shift; my $return = ''; my $escape = $self->{opt}->{escape}; my $strict = $self->{opt}->{strict}; my $tmp; $return .= q{ What is wrong ??? Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Error During FIRST LOGIN After Signup In reply to
It is fixed.
The error was due to some <%;nbsp&tag%> which got added while editing the welcome email.

While on Welcome email .... the form is still adding the Date (of editing) to the welcome.eml though i thought this problem was rectified in GM 2.2.0 (which is the version that i am currently running. Actually, the last time i removed the Date from welcome.eml by going to shell, this error crept up so i am a bit scary doing it again. However, if i don't do, the users would always get a Welcome email dated 21st April 2004.....

Anup
Quote Reply
The Date header removal is done just before the mail is sent to the user, so that won't be a problem.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Error During FIRST LOGIN After Signup In reply to
Hi Adrian.

I had a trial after fixing the error.
Unfortunately, the recepient (who signs up at 22:00Hrs) gets a Welcome Mail with (Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:59:15 +0530).

That's exactly the date which appears in the welcome.eml (in /templates/<%t%>/local directory)last when it was edited to fix the error.

So the Date header removal is not really occurring unless i am missing something.

Thanks
Anup
Quote Reply
What version of Gossamer Mail are you using? I just looked at the announcements and that bug was fixed in 2.2.1.

Adrian
Quote Reply
I am on 2.2.0
Never really upgraded beyond that due to changes in the HTML editor. Editing the "custom template set" to accomodate the new HTML version, that sends a chill down the spine :-)

Thanks
Anup
Quote Reply
The changes in HTML isn't all that bad. They're all outlined in the sticky post.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi.

HTML Changes are not bad at all. In fact it's lower in KB as compared to the old one. I would definitely go in for an upgrade once the "Upgrade Feature List" from user end becomes so attractive that 2.2.0 seems a bit outdated :-)

Anyway, even before upgrade, i would do a trial run for at least two or three times befor upgrading the live installation.

Thanks
Anup