Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Can GM be integrated with Clam AV Engine?

Quote Reply
Can GM be integrated with Clam AV Engine?
Hi,

Can Clam AV engine be integrated to function with GM for Anti Virus scanning support. This is OK for Linux OS and the details are at:

http://clamav.elektrapro.com

Is this functionally compatible with GM.

The best pasrt is that it is FREE!!!!

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Can GM be integrated with Clam AV Engine? In reply to
Hi,

I asked this coz I found it there in a competing Service (I wouldn't name it as it would be against the forum rules).

Long back there was a discussion on this forum ab having AV support in GM but was kept for one of the Subsequent Release....

Any comments on usefulness of the said scan engine?

Anup
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'll take a look into the virus scanner. I evaluated Rav, and it works quite well, we now offer it as a part of our hosting service.

Really any virus scanner that can scan incoming mail will work with Gossamer Mail as the majority of them will scan the message before it even reaches Gossamer Mail.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
I just ran some quick tests with it, and it didn't detect several emails I have with viruses in them. I'm going to dig a little deeper to see what's up.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Can GM be integrated with Clam AV Engine? In reply to
Hi Alex,

Thnx and I am sure you would have your findings declared on forum. its Clam and Amavis combo or something which needs to be implemented. This had interested me for 2 reasons:

Its FREE.

Does not restrict on verison of MTA as with RAV (which wants me to upgrade to >0.38 of Courier).

And.... Its there functional on a Competing Service provider (I won't name them but I am sure you would know who).

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Can GM be integrated with Clam AV Engine? In reply to
Hi Alex,

Has there been anything encouraging in your evaluation of this?

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Hi,

No, currently I wouldn't recommend this. The virus database does not seem to catch most of the viruses I sent it.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.