Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Forwarding and IPs

Quote Reply
Forwarding and IPs
Hi,

I have two questions that I would appreciate answer to.

1) When a GM user sends a message, can the recipient figure out the IP address of that user? If yes, how can that be disabled? I want to be sure that user IPs cannot be figured out for privacy reasons.

2) Can a message be forwarded as an attachment instead of inline? This is of legal importance as in case you have an email message as a document, you need to prove when it was sent. Forwarding it inline removes that info and header is lost.

All info regarding above two points is appreciated

Frank
Quote Reply
Re: [frankLo] Forwarding and IPs In reply to
Hi,

1. No, only the IP address of the mail system sending the email.

2. I believe by default all emails are sent as attachments, not inline. It'll only get set inline if you use the HTML editor and upload an image via the editor.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Forwarding and IPs In reply to
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

Glad to know about the IP address issue.

I am however unable to see hopw I can forward message as attachment. The default seems to be inline and I looked at admin and user options to see if anywhere I can have that changed but was not successful.

Could you please elaborate further on this?

Thanks

Frank
Quote Reply
Hi Frank,

Can you give me an example? I just logged into our demo, and sent myself an attached text file, the headers on the attachment looked like:

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="test.txt"

so it wasn't set inline, but rather as attachment.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi Alex,

Please see attchment. Ths is a screen capture of what I see when I try to forward any message.

I am referring to forwarding an email message as attachment. I am not referring to text or graphic attachments. Only email messages.

Thanks

Frank

Last edited by:

frankLo: May 5, 2003, 1:50 PM
Quote Reply
Sorry Frank, I misread your original message. No, Forward as Attachment is not currently supported.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
So there is no way to add the IP of the user in the header?
Quote Reply
Re: [Corp Punk] Forwarding and IPs In reply to
This feature has been added to 2.2.0. You can enable and disable it in the admin.

Adrian