Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Problem with Bolding New Messages

Quote Reply
Problem with Bolding New Messages
I seem to be having a problem with bolding of new messages in my template. If I switch to Threaded list then I get the new messages bolded but in normal view they are not anymore. I have removed any CSS that might be affecting it and still the same thing. If someone has any ideas please shoot them my way as I'm a little lost right now. If you wish to see the the problem use my temp account login "dog" pwd "dog" here.. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/webmail/

Thanks,

Dale

Last edited by:

Dale_Brown: Jun 16, 2002, 8:06 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Dale_Brown] Problem with Bolding New Messages In reply to
You might want to fix your url's, as it seems they're all pointing to the root instead of cgi-bin/gmail. I'll take a look at it after it's working properly, as it's really hard to navigate when all the links are pointing to the wrong location.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Problem with Bolding New Messages In reply to
Huh? Maybe I'm mising something but all the pointers are to /cgi-bin/gmail/etc... I have a symbolic link from /webmail to /cgi-bin/blablabla
Quote Reply
argh, sorry, but it looks like mozilla doesn't like something about the html. It works fine in IE though.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Take a look at msgs_list_include.htm and msgs_threaded_include.htm. You'll notice that in the threaded one, you'll have something like:
Code:
<%if msgtrack_status eq 'New'%><B><%endif%>
in the html for the from, date, etc. Your msgs_list_include.htm probably doesn't have this code in there anymore.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Problem with Bolding New Messages In reply to
I checked my msgs_list_include and here is a cut from the section I believe you are talking about and it does appear to be there.

Code:
<!-- Subject (always display subject) -->
<td><%if msgtrack_status eq 'New'%><B><%endif%><font face="arial" color="black" size="1"><a href="webmail.cgi?<%url_hidden%>;sb=<%sb%>;so=<%so%>;msgtrack_fid=<%msgtrack_fid%>;msgtrack_id=<%msgtrack_id%>;page=msgs_body.htm;msgs_pos=<%msgs_pos%>"><%unless msgs_subject%>No Subject<%else%><%msgs_subject%><%endif%></a></font><%if msgs_status eq 'New'%></b><%endif%></td>

If this looks right then got any other ideas? This is driving me nuts and we have a magazine editor using it getting ready to do an article on us in their next months edition so I'm about to pull my hair out. :)

Last edited by:

Dale_Brown: Jun 17, 2002, 7:42 PM
Quote Reply
Wooo sorry for that formatting in the last message not sure why it did that. I also added this code before the endif statement and after the statement you said look for as it is in the threaded template and same thing. <%elsif msgs_has_unread%><b>
Quote Reply
That's really weird that it doesn't work. Can you try debug it, and print out what the value of msgtrack_status on each email is?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi Dale_Brown,

It's your font tags in the template. If you look at the source for the threaded view your font tags look like this:

Code:
<font color="black" face="Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica" size="1">
and the normal view has font tags like this:
Code:
<font face="arial" color="black" size="1">

I tried it out and making all the "face" attributes like face="Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica" seemed to fix the problem.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Piper] Problem with Bolding New Messages In reply to
You were correct. It was the font setting that did it. That is REALLY weird that removing the other font options and only leaving arial would not allow it to bold. I did fix this but I'm still trying to get the subject line to work. It will now show the user in bold and non-bold but the subject line always seems to stay bolded.

Here is the section of code I think that should control this. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

<!-- Subject (always display subject) -->
<td><%if msgtrack_status eq 'New'%><B><%endif%><font color="black" face="Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica" size="1"><a href="webmail.cgi?<%url_hidden%>;sb=<%sb%>;so=<%so%>;msgtrack_fid=<%msgtrack_fid%>;msgtrack_id=<%msgtrack_id%>;page=msgs_body.htm;msgs_pos=<%msgs_pos%>"><%unless msgs_subject%>No Subject<%else%><%msgs_subject%><%endif%></a></font><%if msgs_status eq 'New'%></b><%endif%></td>

Thanks,

Dale

Last edited by:

Dale_Brown: Jun 18, 2002, 8:50 PM