Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Online Editor & attach.htm ?

Quote Reply
Online Editor & attach.htm ?
Hi,

Just wondering what the template "attach.htm" is for in the simple template set? It looks like the uploads have been rolled into the compose page?

If it's part of the HTML editor I apologise as I can't see it because I'm using a Mac (unless there's a bug and I should be able to see and use the online editor when using IE on a Mac???)

In regards to that, will this part of GM be ported over so users using Netscape will be able to benefit from it?

In the meantime, can anyone tell me where the link is to it so I can take away the online html editing functions?

Cheers,
Regan.

Quote Reply
Re: Online Editor & attach.htm ? In reply to
Hi,

I just asked Scott about that and he says it's only used if you want to make attachments open in another window (like the default template does). So for the simple template it's not used.

I tried using the HTML editor in IE5 on a mac and it doesn't work properly. I don't think it will ever work in Netscape 4.x as the editor uses iframes (though I have no clue if it'll work w/o iframes). Mozilla seems to support iframes but the editor doesn't work in it either. I don't know how the internals of the editor work, so you'll have to ask Scott about that.

A link to take away online html editing functions? I don't think there's an option to just turn it off. You probably will have to edit the templates to remove it.

Adrian