Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Issue with checkmail and trash options

Quote Reply
Issue with checkmail and trash options
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the check mail on signing on and trash delete on logout with a set-up that is purely checking remote POP accounts. A "manual" click on check mail provides me with check of the remote POP account but having selected the "Send deleted mail to Trash" and "Download remote email on login." I don't quite understand if I need to do something else ?

Is there a plug-in I need or an option in the admin panel ?

Thanks, John Garner
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Issue with checkmail and trash options In reply to
Those options should work (as I use them regularly) without any plugins or such. For check remote pop on login, make sure you don't have any pop-up blockers turned on (or allow the gmail domain through).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Issue with checkmail and trash options In reply to
Hi

I've just switched off my ad blocking software and even though this seems to me to be a REAL pain to have to switch it off just so GMail works, it doesn't work, the pages once I've logged on don't show new mail, it's only when I click on "Check Mail", that it works.

So does adblocking software also explain why the empty trash doesn't work ?

Thanks, John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Issue with checkmail and trash options In reply to
Most ad blocking programs have a list of domains to exclude from blocking pop-ups, try adding your gossamer mail domain to it. There's not much else you can do about that since the remote pop3 code has to open the popup (it's just a plain popup) to get remote mail.

Empty trash should work, since Gossamer Mail will just perform that extra step internally when you click on the logout link. No pop-ups or javascript here, so your ad blocking software shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Adrian