Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

HELP! GM can't deliver to some domains after upgrade to 2.1

Quote Reply
HELP! GM can't deliver to some domains after upgrade to 2.1
I upgrade to 2.1 yesterday. Everything seemed fine, but I have started to get a trickle of complaints from some users that they aren't getting mail. Such ah...

Quote:
Hi,

This is the Webmail program at SEATURTLE.ORG.
Regarding your message entitled:

testing

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message
to 'mcoyne@mail.pmfb.net'. Reason: Could not find a user to deliver the message to.

The original email is attached.

Sorry it didn't work out!

The user and domain mentioned do exist and were working just a few days ago. After some testing it appears that I can send messages to my own GMail accounts from another domain on my box, but everything from external domains is getting bounced or filed as undeliverable.

Also, in CCing a message to a user at their GMail address and another address, their GMail message went to undeliverable. Strangely, GMail bounced back a message saying it couldn't deliver to their non-GMail address (no kidding).

I have not changed anything on the server other than updating GMail.

Any ideas? This is bad mojo as some messages are bouncing, some are going to undeliverable and a bunch of users aren't getting their message.

thanks,
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Re: [mcoyne] HELP! GM can't deliver to some domains after upgrade to 2.1 In reply to
Can you email me admin info so I can take a look? Thanks.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [mcoyne] HELP! GM can't deliver to some domains after upgrade to 2.1 In reply to
got the same problem.

i'm using postfix with virtual domains, and postfix seems to add "delievered-to" with the "real" mailboxname (not the virtualadress), and gm grabs this adress instead of the "to" adress? i just deleted the "delievered-to"-part in incoming.pl and everythings seems to work fine...
Quote Reply
Re: [cybio] HELP! GM can't deliver to some domains after upgrade to 2.1 In reply to
I'll add a check to incoming.pl, to check to see if the delivered-to is the same as the pop login email, and not use it if it's the same.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] HELP! GM can't deliver to some domains after upgrade to 2.1 In reply to
I've attached an updated incoming.pl which fixes the above problems. Let me know if you have any other problems with it.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] HELP! GM can't deliver to some domains after upgrade to 2.1 In reply to
test: successfull.

didn't get any further errors. thx.