Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Frames
Alex, is there a way to have the interface set up without using frames? I'm asking because there are some security issues that can arise from using frames.

Quote Reply
Re: Frames In reply to
Yes, it's all template based. There is no reason you need to use frames. It's just a matter of linking to the pages properly.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Alex, would you be willing to make a demo using no frames? I already own Alias Mail, but am trying to find a reason to switch over. And one thing that would change my mind would be a non-frames Gossamer Mail.

Or maybe a downloadable demo if it's too much trouble for you to create another demo?

Quote Reply
Would you want one similiar to the simple set:

http://gossamer-threads.com/...l/login.cgi?t=simple

Or the Javascript/image heavy one?

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
I think something similar to Hotmail's overall interface would be nice (without all the fancy extras of course).

Quote Reply
Hi Alex,
I've taken a look at the simple version of Gossamer Mail. However, it still uses frames. Do you have a version without frames at all?

Also, a even better solution to frames would be utilizing XML and then applying XSL style sheets. But I don't know if you're familiar with it. Are you?

Quote Reply
Hi,

There is currently a no-frames version of the templates under construction. As for XML, with the way the current template system works, we see no need to go into XML.

Cheers,
Scott

Quote Reply
when will it be finished ? this mail is 8 months old ? How can we do this if it so heavy to work out for the original programmers ?!?