Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Few questions...

Quote Reply
Few questions...
I look around the forum...but seems not to find some answer...so i'm asking here...

1) Is there any way to left the mail in the POP box ???

2) Is there any to know how much space left a user have ???

3) Is possible to sort mail also in opposite order ??? ( I mean A-Z or Z-A )...

4) How could it possible to search trough e-mail ???

5) Can I show the e-mail with full header ???

6) How let user choose whenever save a sended mail in the sentbox ???

7) The variable <%space_used%> seems to be always 0

8) what's the FOLDER INTERNAL DATA mail about ???

9) it's normal to have a lot of problem when someone is sending me a mail with an attachments bigger than the one I have defined ???

Sorry for all this questions :P

Quote Reply
Re: Few questions... In reply to
Hi!

1. No, the mail is automatically removed from the pop box. It would add a lot of extra overhead to have to recheck the same messages over and over.

2. Sort of, if you add: <%Webmail::load_summary%> it provides you with <%size%> which is the total size the user has used, and <%allowed%> which is the maximum space allowed.

3. Yes, you can pass in sb=column name and so=asc or so=desc to sort the inbox by any column.

4. There is no search yet.

5. There is no built in show headers yet.

6. There is no option for this yet.

7. Can you send me an email so I can take a look?

8. This is usually a mail from pine or elm, and is not from Gossamer Mail.

9. I'm not sure what you mean?

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
7° for the variable <%space_used%> ...
i just put that in the sidebar html file together with <%folders_total_size%> and <%space_allowed%>....
i send to my account a mail with an attachment...and %space_used% still report 0.00 while <%folders_total_size%> shows the right value...

for the question about attachments...

let's say i send a mail to my account with an attachment bigger than the one allowed (sorry for my english)

i receive a mail...with the right subject , right sender but size = 0...and naturally if i want to show it...it reports Invalid message number, please...ID 15

and naturally the sender wont be notified the mail sending failed...

(maybe there's a way to just strip out the attachment and save the mail ??? telling user that there was an attachment called x but was stripped due the size ?)

Thx

Quote Reply
Can you send me an email to your admin so I can take a look? I'm not sure what the problem is..

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.