Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Could not unlink error

Quote Reply
Could not unlink error
I've finally been able to get through the catchall problem I was having, but now I'm occasionally getting this error:

A fatal error has occured:
Could not unlink (/home/stilton/public_html/cgi-bin/data/users/ADMIN/bounce/1); Reason: (No such file or directory)

and also:

Could not unlink (/home/stilton/public_html/cgi-bin/data/users/ADMIN/bounce/2); Reason: (No such file or directory)

I've only gotten three of these in the last 10 hours, and I have the cron job setup to run every hour....any ideas as to what's going on?

Thanks
Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Re: [stilton] Could not unlink error In reply to
I'm still trying to find the solution to these cron errors. Here is what I'm getting about every hour, as it runs at the top of each hour right now:

Can't chmod lockfile /home/site/www/cgi-bin/data/tmp/incoming.lock: incoming.lock (Operation not permitted)

An error occured while logging in: PASS POP Login failed: -ERR Hangup Requested by newer process (You have been logged out because of a newer session) at /home/site/www/cgi-bin/batch/incoming.pl line 316.

Could not unlink (/home/site/www/cgi-bin/data/users/ADMIN/bounce/2); Reason: (No such file or directory)

Unble to read from socket, reason (Broken pipe). Read: ([undefined]) at /home/site/www/cgi-bin/batch/incoming.pl line 316.

These are the ones received over the past 12 hours. Any help is appreciated.
Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Does anyone know of something else I can try here? My email is starting to get flooded about every hour with these!

Thanks,

Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Hi,

Can you send me an email with login info and ssh access and I'll take a look.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Could not unlink error In reply to
Ok...I've tried updating again using 2.0.5 through the shell, but before it can finish the installation, it says:

Error: Could not create table session; Reason: Can not open file '/home/site/public_html/cgi-bin/data/admin/defs/webmail_session.def'. Reason: Permission denied at install.cgi line 6795.

I'm hoping a fresh copy will correct my problems...should I do something differently here?

Thanks again for any help
Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Hi,

If you installed originally from the web, you must install upgrades from the web. If you installed originally from shell, you must install updates from the shell. If we did the original installation, then it was most likely from shell.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.