Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

[BUG REPORT - Upgrade from 2.0.2 to latest]

Quote Reply
[BUG REPORT - Upgrade from 2.0.2 to latest]
Hello!

Upgrading a working installation following error occurs:

Gossamer Mail has been successfully upgraded from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1.

Upgrading Gossamer Mail from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 ...
Checking SQL indexes.
Adding msgs_message_id index.

An error occured:

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Duplicate key name
'msgs_message_id_ndx' at
/xxxemail/admin/GT/SQL/Driver/MYSQL.pm
line 117.

How can I upgrade?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [rajani] [BUG REPORT - Upgrade from 2.0.2 to latest] In reply to
I do not understand this!!!!

If the keys exists, then why should it not go further? Why does the installation routines crash at points that it could have been prevented?
Quote Reply
You might be able to remove the key using mysqlman and then re-run the upgrade, although the installer may have already made some changes to the database before it exited so you may get some new errors running it the second time.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] [BUG REPORT - Upgrade from 2.0.2 to latest] In reply to
Paul!

You still do not have any shame in answering my threads?
Quote Reply
Search for:
"Walk the version upgrade tree"
in install.cgi, and put:
local $SIG{__DIE__};
right after that line, so you'll have something like:
Code:
while (my $next_ver = $VERSION_TREE{$old_ver}) { # Walk the version upgrade tree
local $SIG{__DIE__};
my $func = "upgrade__${old_ver}__${next_ver}";
Then it shouldn't fatal on adding the index. Note that your def files are saying your tables don't have indexes, but according to that error, they do have indexes.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] [BUG REPORT - Upgrade from 2.0.2 to latest] In reply to
Hello Adrian!

In Reply To:
Then it shouldn't fatal on adding the index. Note that your def files are saying your tables don't have indexes, but according to that error, they do have indexes.

Thanks! You are right. During the upgrade process, it crashed somewhere in the steps of 2.0.0 >>> 2.0.2 and further. Hence it did add indexes but nothing further.

According to the error, as you rightly pointed out, the tables did have indexes as it crashed exactly at that point BUT did not reach upto creating entries in the def files. I did manually remove indexes immediately but it did crash further.

After manually deleting the indexing it did upgrade of indexes 2.0.2 >>> 2.0.5 but also did not go further as the defs where 644 (user = nobody). So it was difficult for understandable reason to make the upgrade.
Quote Reply
Hello Adrian!

Your solution did not work!
Quote Reply
Hello Adrian!

The reason why it did not work is because it gives a duplicate key error. It does not crash >> fatal though.

Is there a way how I can make the upgrade step by step in lets say - first all the necessary files, - all the templates, - and then indexes and defs... Or atleast, if there is a file.install where what is done is stored then also it would be a big help in situation like this. Here what is happening is that it creates a hundred kilobyte webpage, which is fine on a dedicated server, and crashing or stopping somewhere, where I do not know where to begin.

There seems to be a bug in the install.cgi!!!

Also, the install routines are going through many working with the servers. They are not like Links SQL install routines where the templates are unpacked seperately. Fileman and the templates add to the work during the install routines, overloading the unpack work.

What would have been better is if the install routines really skipped the work done earlier and offered a possibility of step by step unpacking and configuration. Otherwise, if it crashes for any reason, its a big headache. My users hav`nt had the chance to check their emails due to upgrade problems.

Last edited by:

rajani: Jun 25, 2002, 5:19 AM