Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
GM Admin Customization
Hi,

Reposting the same here with some modification.

The Activation of account shall be auto or admin controlled depending upon the TEMp ID value entered during signup process. The actvation is automatic is the TEMP ID value matches a precreated (by Admin) value in the database or Admin if Null or not matching a value in the database. or TEMP ID used up for signup is being used again.

(1)

(A):Temp ID Database Generated By Admin from time to time and these temp id's are then sold thru resellers.

(B)New User Signup: The New USer signup should have a field for Temp ID which has to be necessarily filled for signing up. This has to be validated against the Temp ID values in the database.If matches then the activation is automatic. If No Temp ID or Incorrect TEMP ID is entered then the acount activation has to be Admin.

(C)Disable Temp ID Once the user has signed up using a particular Temp ID that ID should no more be usable and if anyone is trying to force the way thru there should be a Message that This ID has already been used for Signing up.

Basically, it would be duplication of the routine or subroutine for "username" that is being used at present, with a feature of Admin allowed to create TEMP ID in the database. For this, another feature that would be required from User Management point of view is:

(2)

(A)Auto Reminder for Renewal Of Accounts. The frequency and the days before the due date should be settable by Admin.

(B)Auto deactivation (and not delete) Of Accounts if not renewed.

My English syntax is better that cgi syntax Wink and so I can't do this on my own. Woulddefinitely love to have this built into GM

Necessity: This would offer a full functional utility of GM to be used for PAID email services model

(3)

A Scheduler/ Organizer with WAP support.

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] GM Admin Customization In reply to
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. The first one is pretty much a custom job, this wouldn't be included in GM. =)

We are planning on including better payment support/subscription support to help sites that want to charge per month for accounts. You can definately expect to see this in a future version.

As for the organizer, that's a little lower down on the list. Maybe integration with an existing calender script would be a good possibility.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] GM Admin Customization In reply to
Hi Alex,

I would like a quote on the Customization Job for the first point.

For the inclusions in subsequent release, is the payment support features in the release 2.1?

For the organizer instegration (with an existing script) the WAP supported script is pleease refer my post http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=189412

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Alex, I would also like a quote on adding a payment system to GM with a 30 day expiration notice mailed to users and then a suspension if it is not renewed. Would like to have it work with Paypal if possible.

Thanks,

Jeff White
Best of the Christian Web
http://www.botcw.com
Quote Reply
Hi Alex

Quote:
The first one is pretty much a custom job, this wouldn't be included in GM. =)

How much would this custom project cost if I were to opt for it. I would be definitely waiting for a quote on this

Quote:
Maybe integration with an existing calender script would be a good possibility
When can we expect to have this built into GM.

Thnx
Anup