Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

what to do?

Quote Reply
what to do?
how should I go about with the review mod? it's almost done.. just put in the process sub and maybe clean up the html graph code and it will be done..

i want to know if i should "publicly" distribute it, like with any links 2 mod.. or if i should contact you (alex).. about it.. then send it through the newsletter thing (which i still don't think i'm on)..

i thought maybe people will use the code to advance themselves a step closer to links sql Wink

well anyways.. i just want to be careful and make sure before i do it.. it is a commercial script..

jerry
Quote Reply
Re: what to do? In reply to
Jerry,

If you are not using code from LinkSQL (specifically DBSQL.pm) then Alex has said that it's ok -- I asked him about private forum vs public and he said that his 'good stuff' is in DBSQL.pm -- and I agree Smile

If you are just making calls to DBSQL.pm, and what you have done is 'use' it... then there shouldn't be any problem.

I've got a 'bad link' report script that I'll release soon, I need some sort of admin on it, so that it's easy to do something with the reported links. (I'm waiting for the next LinkSQL so I can integrate it into the admin.cgi) Right now it just puts them in a table, and prevents duplicate reporting, and allows the webmaster to put a status message on it, like "Site is down for two weeks, we'll recheck it at that time" or something like that. The default message is "Pending" <G>

Quote Reply
alrighty then..

yea.. i think i will wait for Links SQL (next version) to come out too.. cause the version i have doesn't have a users database.. so i can't make them login to use the same username and then you can calculate their average and totals..

do you know what the major changes in the newer version are?

jerry
Quote Reply
In hte next release? No... the additions in the current release are listed on the main LinkSQL page as 'done' or in progress.

I'm hoping Alex will release the next set of code tomorrow, even if it's not perfect... for those of us trying to customize things, the newest version is really important, even if not bug free.