Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

v1.11 -> Index Bug

Quote Reply
v1.11 -> Index Bug
I have searched the Links SQL FAQ site and also searched the forum regarding indexing...I only found Threads regarding "re-syncing" issues...but this does not address my problem.

Okay...I have noticed that the indexing defaults to the original configs (3 for Title field) without making any changes to the Links.def file. Here is what I have done:

1) Moved the Links.def file to another directory (for better organization) and updated all relevant files to point to the correct .def files.

2) Added a bunch of links via the admin.cgi script.

These are the only changes I've made that I think would've affecting indexing. I have also noticed that my Category table was re-set back to its original index values.

And, yes, I did not hit the "Re-sync" button, but the "Change" button.

This is quite strange!

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Re: v1.11 -> Index Bug In reply to
The only thing that comes to mind immediately is that the routine is checking for the .def file in the default location, and not finding it, using the built-in defaults for the fields not explicitly changed.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://postcards.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Re: v1.11 -> Index Bug In reply to
Thanks, pugdog...I did edit the editor.cgi script to include the new locations of the .def files. I hope that this will clear up the indexing problem.

Regards,

Eliot Lee