Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

setup cgi- file not found

Quote Reply
setup cgi- file not found
I tried to run setup.cgi and got the following message. Could this have been caused by an error I have made or is it more likely that the file is missing from the server? Also what should be entered as the database name or should it be left to read 'test'? (Beta 3)
===========================
Loading SQL definitions and DBD::mysql.
SQL.mysql file loaded.
DBD::mysql not found! Perhaps you mistyped the driver name, or it may not be installed. Error message was:
Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so' for module DBD::mysql: File not found at /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 169.

at setup.cgi line 153

Aborting .. please install the appropriate DBD driver and rerun setup.cgi.
==============================

Thanks in advance,
Rennie
Quote Reply
Re: setup cgi- file not found In reply to
Were you previously running LinkSQL? So you know that you have the DBD:mysql server running.

The setup screen asks for several pieces of information:

The first is 'mysql' that should be typed in for you. That is the DBD/DBI module to load for database access.

The next is the server 'localhost' which is the default for the current server. Some sites have a special machine that runs the database software, so you'd need to enter that instead.

'test' is the default database. Yours should be called "links" or "Links" or something else. The 'test' database is used, erased and otherwise altered by install programs making sure things work right and shouldn't be used for anything 'real'

Then you need to enter your username and password for access to the mysql server. If you have your own MySQL server, you can make a new user like "links" and give it a password so that it only has access to your LinkSQL database. On some ISP's you only have one database password, so you have to use it.

IF the setup program makes it to that point, it will tell you that CGI.pm, DBI.pm and Links.pm have been found, and the versions. If it doesn't, then there is probably a problem in your database software configuration.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Pugdog is right, it definately sounds like DBD::mysql is not loaded correctly. Basically, setup.cgi is not able to load the mysql driver.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
My ISP fixed the problems- and ran the setup script to make sure no more errors were going to occur. Thanks for the info.

Rennie