Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

section editors lie in product information

Quote Reply
section editors lie in product information
hello,

a week ago we made the decision to buy links SQL because the FAQ says:

Q. What new features are in Links SQL but not in Links 2.0?
A. With version 1.1, there are a lot of new features not found in Links 2.0:
Section Editors: You can give users editor access to certain categories, they can then add/remove/modify links and validate links that are waiting to be added.

as i can read here in this forum this feature is not there yet, still the FAQ sounds like this is a present feature. the product description points to this FAQ for a list of features.

looks to me like Gossamer Threads is as trustworthy as microsoft.

to solve this problem, i woulb like to see section editors in the next version and get a definite release date for that (which i can tell my boss).

also i would suggest that You remove that statement from the FAQ, to prevent more customers from getting wrong information.

bye
arnim rupp

Quote Reply
Re: section editors lie in product information In reply to
You are mistaken. If you notice the maintain.cgi script...that is used for Section Editors. The Editors access this script via the user.cgi script. If you will notice that there is a Status field in the Users table with the following values:

1) Administrator
2) Editors
3) Registered
4) Not Registered

And there is a default link in the login_success.html template file for Editors, like the following:

Code:

<%if Status eq 'Editor'%>
<a href="<%db_cgi_url%>/maintain.cgi">
<%endif%>

And if you will notice in the admin.cgi script that there is option to "edit" Editors and add/edit/delete categories for them to add/edit/delete links.

You might want to familiarize yourself with script before shooting off your mouth. Wink

And also, you should've contacted Gossamer Threads directly and nicely told them that you do not agree with the verbage in the Product information page rather than attempting to embarrass Gossamer Threads and definitely embarrassing yourself.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Re: section editors lie in product information In reply to
>looks to me like Gossamer Threads is as trustworthy as microsoft.

Sorry, but it looks to me that you're temporary blind - keep kalm and open your eyes ...