Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

perl 5.6.0 and MySQL 3.22.32

Quote Reply
perl 5.6.0 and MySQL 3.22.32
I just did an "upgrade" from perl 5.05.03 to the current 5.6.0 release. It was a _bear_ (took a good half hour) but seemed to install without any problems, and without any conflicts.... so far.

I also (against better judgement of 2 upgrades at the same time) upgraded to the current 3.22.32 release of MySQL .... again without any apparant problems.

I rebooted, and everything came back and seems to be working. That's a _good_ sign.

I compiled the perl 'out of the box' for Solaris 7, no changes to the defaults. This is a significant upgrade... but I'm not sure what it offers without making changes to the suggested defaults. Anyone else running this? I have a feeling I'll be recompiling it once I figure out what some of the benefits are Smile

Also, Apache 2.0 is in alpha release .... for those who are not faint at heart. I'm not ready to test it....

Also.... there is a new Apache book out "Professional Apache" (I guess as opposed to the weekend warriors...) that looks pretty good if you don't have a current Apache book. Doesn't add much if you do. And, there is a DBI book out, but Amazon was down when I went to try to get the full name of it. Good stuff if you are trying to make changes to Links SQL .