Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
nph-verify
what is the parameter for nph-verify to get it to do unchecked links from telenet?

All I can find is the following

--check_from number_of_days_ago
--check_problem
--check_new
--check_status status_code
--check_all

Yet from the admin panel there is an unchecked links option.

Also, nph-verify gives me a wierd result when I enter the following like below.... - I know there are unchecked links so why dont it check these?

[myhost@host admin]$ ./nph-verify.cgi --check_from 2
Checking Links ...
Checking 0 items...,

-------------------------------------------
Summmary:
Good links: 0
Broken links: 0
Total links: 0

Statistics:
Elapased Time: seconds
Children Spawned: seconds
Max Time per chunk: seconds
Avg Time per chunk: seconds
Min Time per chunk: seconds
Max Time for unit: seconds
Avg Time for unit: 0.00 seconds
Min Time for unit: seconds
Max Time per link: 0.00 seconds
Avg Time per link: 0.00 seconds
Min Time per link: 0.00 seconds
[My Host@host admin]$

The program runs in telnet with a database of about 2000 and it keeps dying on me, but not right away, usually about 1/2 way through. I figure the host may not like that number of spawns so I have now reduced the number of spawns down to 2 and increased the interval to 6... will this help? I figure it will take longer to run but perhaps less processor time being sucked up and pacify the host? (I left the max number for the spawn at 100, I may reduce that if necessary if anyone thinks this will do any good)

Quote Reply
Re: nph-verify In reply to
well, I thought the process was ending but apparently it was not. I left my telnet session open and went out for a while - and came back and it had finished the job - I had 5 links that were now defunct - however the whole process took 2.90 hours for 1739 links. :-)